Position location: Greater Fort Wayne, IN
Schust delivers innovative and efficient air pollution control solutions that help North American industrial manufacturers achieve compliance and improve the quality of air its workforces and communities breathes. Field installers are an essential part of this mission. Schust is looking for a Field Installer Level 1 who has a passion for clean air and to function as part of a team involved in the fabrication and installation of industrial ventilation, HVAC, and architectural sheet metal projects. The position will report to the Field Superintendent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Installation of dust collection equipment, make-up air units, fans, curbs, ductwork and architectural sheet metal.
- The Field Installer Level 1 is committed to working in a safe manor and within the company’s safety rules.
- Assist project supervisor in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Participate in offered training to increase knowledge, skills, and safety awareness.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area/site.
- Must participate in the company drug and alcohol screening program including pre-employment, post-accident, reasonable suspicion, and random testing.
- The Field Installer Level 1 shall provide all hand tools to perform job duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Education and/or Experience
- Have a strong construction and mechanical aptitude.
- Field Installer Level 1 position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with supervisor, and other members of the project crew.
- Must have strong math skills and a basic understanding of trigonometry.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Ability to wear a respirator and to work in confined spaces as required by following all applicable safety policies and regulations.
- Have the ability and training to operate forklifts, man lifts, and telehandlers.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Have arc and mig welding knowledge and skills.
- Possess rigging knowledge and skills.
- Must have dependable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to walk, stand, and kneel for long periods of time and able to climb ladders, push, pull, lift and carry 50-60 pounds consistently.
- Perform repetitive motion of arms or hands.
- Must be able to complete a Physical Ability Test as part of pre-employment screening process.
- Must be physically capable of wearing respiratory protection as required.
- Must be comfortable working at heights.
- Field Installer Level 1 must be able to work on out of town projects. Typical stay is 10 days on and 4 days off.
- Able to work weekends and overtime as required.