Position location: Greater Fort Wayne, IN
Schust delivers innovative and efficient air pollution control solutions that help North American industrial manufacturers achieve compliance and improve the quality of air its workforces and communities breathes. Field installers are an essential part of this mission. Schust is looking for a Field Project Supervisor who has a passion for clean air to plan, direct, and supervise a team involved in the fabrication and installation of industrial ventilation projects. The position will report to the Field Superintendent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and assist in the installation of dust collection equipment, make-up air units, fans, curbs, ductwork and architectural sheet metal.
- The Field Project Supervisor is committed to working in a safe manor and within the company’s safety rules.
- Must be willing to participate in offered training to increase knowledge, skills, and safety awareness.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly work area/site.
- Must participate in the company drug and alcohol screening program including pre-employment, post-accident, reasonable suspicion, and random testing.
- Field Project Supervisor shall provide all hand tools to perform job duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Education and/or Experience
- Have a strong work ethic and mechanical aptitude.
- Have strong construction background and experience managing people and industrial ventilation projects.
- Field Project Supervisor position does have supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints.
- Able to accept and follow both verbal and written instruction.
- Must be able to communicate effectively up and down the chain of command.
- Must have strong math skills and a complete understanding of trigonometry functions as they relate to the trade.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Basic computer skills a plus.
- Ability to wear a respirator and to work in confined spaces as required by following all applicable safety policies and regulations.
- Have the ability and training to operate forklifts, man lifts, and telehandlers.
- Documented training in people management/supervisory skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Possess AWS SMAW D1.1 3G,4G weld certification and have strong GMAW (mig) welding knowledge and skills.
- Possess a valid NCCCO Rigger and Signal Person certificate.
- Must have dependable transportation and a valid driver’s license along with the For Hire endorsement and a DOT physical required to operate company vehicles.
- Able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to walk, stand, and kneel for long periods of time and able to climb ladders, push, pull, lift and carry 50-60 pounds consistently.
- Perform repetitive motion of arms or hands.
- Must be able to complete a Physical Ability Test as part of pre-employment screening process.
- Must be physically capable of wearing respiratory protection as required.
- Must be comfortable working at heights.
- Possess a current OSHA 10 or 30-hour card.
- Field Project Supervisor must be able to work on out of town projects. Typical stay is 10 days on and 4 days off.
- Able to work weekends and overtime as required.