Position location: Greater Fort Wayne, IN
The Industrial Ventilation Equipment Installer functions as part of a crew involved in the fabrication and installation of industrial ventilation. Installation of: dust collection equipment, make-up air units, fans, curbs, ductwork and architectural sheet metal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Commitment to working within the Schust™ Safety Management System following all applicable company safety policies, written rules, and training.
- Participate in company training in order to increase safety awareness knowledge, and skills.
- Ability to follow and interpret blueprints including accurate measurements and proper installation of an engineered / designed system or project.
- Must have a strong construction background working in heavy industrial environments and an aptitude in working with mechanical components.
- Ability to work in dynamic environments including confined spaces, and comfort working at height.
- Knowledge and skill in working with various types of mobile equipment such as sit-down fork truck, telehandler, and man lift.
- Willingness to work on out of town projects following a rotating work / home cycle.
- May be required to work weekends and overtime depending on project schedule.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism while working at customer locations including a clean and orderly work site.
- Must participate in the company drug and alcohol screening program including pre-employment, post-accident, reasonable suspicion, and random testing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Education and/or Experience
- Candidates possessing technically trained skills, certifications, or relevant experience are preferred but not required.
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general project scope of work and follow general direction of supervision.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with supervisor, and other members of the project crew.
- Must have basic math skills and the ability to read measurements pertaining to general project work.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Ability to wear a respirator as required by work following all applicable safety policies and regulations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must possess a valid driver’s license to operate company owned vehicles.
- The ability to obtain Department of Transportation medical clearance is preferred but not required.
- Must possess a relevant American Welding Society certification or have the ability to obtain within a certification within six (6) months of employment.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a National Institute of Certified Crane Operators license is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to walk, stand, and kneel for long periods of time and periodically climb ladders.
- Ability to push, pull, lift, and carry minimum of 60 pounds consistently as required by job tasks.
- Must be able to complete a Physical Ability Test as part of pre-employment screening process.
- Must be physically capable of wearing respiratory protection as required.
- Incumbent must have the ability to travel (company paid) as required by company projects >80% of the time.
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience
- Complete insurance coverage including health, vision and dental
- 401 (k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement