Location: Auburn, IN
Schust, located in Auburn, Indiana, is part of the Scheuch Group family of companies. Scheuch is a family-owned business with headquarters in Austria. We’ve been engineering innovative air and environmental technology for industrial applications for more than 50 years across the globe. Whether the solutions involve the extraction, dedusting, conveying, flue gas purification or plant manufacturing, Scheuch is a leading expert in a variety of industries offering its customers application-specific, high-quality solutions to their air and environmental technology issues.
About the Position
The Electrical Controls Technician position will work closely with Sales, Engineering & Project Management teams to assist with calculations, concepts and designs for air pollution control systems and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Sales and Engineering/Project management with the design and implementation of electrical power and control systems
- Work within quote documentation and budget to schedule, design, and manage the electrical aspects of the project
- Designing and implementing power and control systems for pollution control and ancillary equipment relating to manufacturing in industrial environments
- Interface with contractors and customers
- Develop electrical installation drawings, conduit routings and wire schedules
- Define Scope of Work for electrical installations, define requests for quotations, evaluate quotations, award subcontracts and manage electrical installations
- Develop PLC programs and HMI applications for system operation – Allen Bradley, Modicon, etc.
- System start-up and troubleshooting along with commission and debug systems during start-up
- Support and develop functional descriptions and operating manuals
- Other duties as assigned
Skills You Need
From a technical perspective, our ideal candidate will bring the following skills and experience with them:
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years hands on experience in industrial environments
- Strong written and verbal communication and other relationship-building skills is required
- Estimating experience will be considered a plus
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to manage several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Pneumatic/mechanical experience helpful
- NEC & Electrical Standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft products including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to utilize or learn Autodesk applications including AutoCAD Electrical, Vault, and Inventor
- Ability to utilize Rockwell RSLinx, RSLogix, Studio 5000, programming software
- A BSEE or BSEET degree is preferred, candidates with an associates degree or demonstrable skills would be considered
- Knowledge in the following areas and standards a plus: NFPA, NEC
About Our Team
We’re a collaborative group, getting things done together, enjoying our collegial environment and working with each other. Fit is really important to us. We’re a group of down to earth people who are willing to roll up our sleeves to get the job done; whoever comes to join us should have that same mindset, a sense of humor, a strong business mind, total accountability for deadlines and a ton of self-motivation and energy.
Your Care Package
We offer a really competitive compensation package, great benefits, casual work environment and the opportunity to progress with us.
If you’re interested in learning more, we’d like to hear from you. Hit the apply button, send along your resume, and let us know why you think you’re the one for us with an artfully crafted cover letter. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.