Position location: Greater Fort Wayne, IN
To function as part of a team involved in the fabrication of industrial ventilation, HVAC, and architectural sheet metal projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Fabrication of Industrial ventilation systems, guards, curbs, ductwork and architectural sheet metal.
- Assist the Shop Superintendent in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Participate in offered training in order to increase knowledge, skills, and safety awareness.
- Must be committed to working in a safe manner and within the company’s safety rules.
- Must be able to walk, stand, and kneel for long periods of time. Climb ladders, push, pull, lift, and carry 50-60 pounds consistently.
- Perform repetitive motion of arms or hands.
- Wear a respirator and work in confined spaces.
- Have strong construction and mechanical aptitude.
- Possess arc and mig welding knowledge and skills.
- Have a firm grasp of basic math skills. Be able to read blueprints and a tape measure.
- Be able to see fine/precise layout marks.
- Be able to work weekends and overtime as required.
- Have dependable transportation.
- Have the ability to operate forklifts and man lifts.
- Work around and operate heavy industrial machines and equipment.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area / site.
- Be able to pass a drug screen. (We do random testing).
- Be able to pass a Physical Abilities Test.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Education and/or Experience
- Candidates possessing technically trained skills, certifications, or relevant experience are preferred but not required.
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general project scope of work and follow general direction of supervision.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with supervisor, and other members of the project crew.
- Must have basic math skills and the ability to read measurements pertaining to general project work.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Ability to wear a respirator as required by work following all applicable safety policies and regulations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must possess a valid driver’s license to operate company owned vehicles.
- The ability to obtain Department of Transportation medical clearance is preferred but not required.
- Must possess a relevant American Welding Society certification or have the ability to obtain within a certification within six (6) months of employment.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a National Institute of Certified Crane Operators license is preferred but not required.
- Experience and certification as a Certified Rigger preferred or have the ability to complete company required training.
- Must be able to walk, stand, and kneel for long periods of time and periodically climb ladders.
- Ability to push, pull, lift, and carry minimum of 60 pounds consistently as required by job tasks.
- Must be able to complete a Physical Ability Test as part of pre-employment screening process.
- Must be physically capable of wearing respiratory protection as required.
- Incumbent will have minimal travel with this position.
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience
- Complete insurance coverage including health, vision and dental
- 401 (k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement