Position location: Greater Fort Wayne, IN
Schust delivers innovative and efficient air pollution control solutions that help North American industrial manufacturers comply with and improve the quality of air their workforces and communities breathe.
Our dedicated Field installers are an essential part of this mission. Schust is looking for a safety-minded Lead Field Installer who has a passion for clean air to function as part of a team involved in the fabrication and installation of industrial ventilation, blowpipe, and structural steel, and sheet metal projects. The position will report to the Field Superintendent and will provide a stable career in this growing field. In full disclosure, you should also know that there is a good deal of travel when things are busy where your out-of-town stays could be 10 days on with 4 days off and it could be that way for up to 70% of your work life. In recognition of this, and because our Field employees are so valuable to us, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, along with a signing bonus for successful candidates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and assist in the installation of dust collection equipment, make-up air units, fans, curbs, ductwork, and sheet metal.
- The Field Supervisor is committed to working in a safe manner and within the company’s safety rules.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly work area/site. Must take part in offered training to increase knowledge, skills, and safety awareness.
- Have a strong work ethic and mechanical aptitude.
- Have strong construction background and experience managing people and industrial ventilation projects.
- Must participate in the company drug and alcohol screening program, including pre-employment, post-accident, reasonable suspicion, and random testing.
- Must have strong math skills and a complete understanding of trigonometry functions as they relate to the trade.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints.
- Able to accept and follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively up and down the chain of command.
- Field Supervisor shall provide all hand tools to perform job duties.
- Possess AWS SMAW D1.1 3G,4G weld certification and have strong GMAW (mig) welding knowledge and skills.
- Possess a valid NCCCO Rigger and Signal Person certificate.
- Must have dependable transportation and a valid driver’s license along with the For-Hire endorsement and a DOT physical required to operate company vehicles.
- Basic computer skills a plus.
- Ability to wear a respirator and to work in confined spaces as required by following all applicable safety policies and regulations.
- Have the ability and training to operate forklifts, man lifts, and telehandlers.
This is a lucrative career move for experienced individuals with a company that cares about and respects our employees. If you are interested, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a signing bonus for those qualified, and management support to help you have a fulfilling career with us. Apply now to learn more.