Location: Auburn, IN
Schust is expanding and on a mission to find a Senior Application Engineer. The role will support the salesperson or manufacturers’ representatives with the technical review of dust collection and/or pneumatic conveying applications and serving as a technical resource for the Application Engineering Team. But first, let us tell you a little about us and what we do.
Something About Us
Schust is in Auburn, Indiana and is part of the Scheuch Group. It is a family-owned business with headquarters in Austria. We have been developing innovative air and environmental technologies for industrial applications for more than 50 years worldwide. Whether the solutions involve the extraction, dedusting, conveying, flue gas purification or plant manufacturing, Schust is a leading expert in a variety of industries offering its customers application-specific, high-quality solutions to their air and environmental technology issues.
About the Position
The Application Engineering team supports the sale of CAMCORP products and requires mechanical engineering knowledge involving applications, installations, and pricing. If you’re looking for a great next step in your career, this position truly is it. This position offers you the potential to grow with our organization while working with a highly collaborative team, especially for a candidate who steps into this role and owns it.
Here’s a sampling of what you might encounter on an average day, but as with any other business, our needs evolve daily.
- Review and analyze customer requirements and illustrate how Schust dust collection or bulk material handling solutions will help customers meet or exceed clean air or production goals.
- Serve as technical subject matter expert on the Schust product line and assist Sales in developing and presenting solutions to customers and the manufacturers’ representative network.
- Recommend solutions and modifications to standard products to meet customer requirements.
- Understand customer systems and equipment requirements and identify additional sales opportunities.
- Serve as a mentor for the Application Engineering Team, providing technical experience and guidance as required.
- Keep current on air pollution control products and systems.
- Prepare budget and formal proposals to RFQ/RFP.
Skills You Need
From a technical perspective, our ideal candidate will bring the following skills and experience with them:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or Business, with a technical mindset) or Technical Degree.
- Conducts complex, important work under minimal supervision and with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- 3+ years of experience in dust collection and/or pneumatic system design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with MS Dynamics CRM, Basic AutoCAD / Inventor is a plus.
About Our Team
We’re a collaborative group, getting things done together, enjoying our collegial environment and working with each other. Fit is really important to us. We’re a group of down to earth people who are willing to roll up our sleeves to get the job done; whoever comes to join us should have that same mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, strong business mind, sense of humor, total accountability for deadlines and a ton of self-motivation and energy.
Your Care Package
We offer a really competitive compensation package, great benefits, casual work environment and the opportunity to progress with us.
If you’re interested in learning more, we’d like to hear from you. Hit the apply button, send along your resume, and let us know why you think you’re the one for us in your cover letter. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.