Location: Auburn, IN
Schust is expanding and on a mission to find a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI). The role ensures products meet specifications and quality standards according to blueprints and manage supplier quality requirements. But first, let us tell you a little about us and what we do.
Schust is in Auburn, Indiana and is part of the Scheuch Group, a family-owned business with headquarters in Austria. We’ve been engineering innovative air and environmental technology for industrial applications for more than 50 years across the globe. Whether the solutions involve the extraction, dedusting, conveying, flue gas purification or plant manufacturing, Schust is a leading expert in a variety of industries offering its customers application-specific, high-quality solutions to their air and environmental technology issues.
About the Position
The Certified Welding Inspector supports operations by ensuring a high quality of all products and requires mechanical engineering knowledge involving applications, welding, as well as knowledge of industry suppliers.
If you’re looking for a great next step in your career, this position truly is it. This position offers you the potential to grow with our organization while working with a highly collaborative team, especially for a candidate who steps into this role and owns it.
Here’s a sampling of what you might encounter on an average day, but as with any other business, our needs evolve daily.
- Review and understand project related drawings, specifications, and applicable welding codes
- Perform inspections and testing of welded structural steel for project documentation and code compliance
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Maintain and update supplier audit system and schedule
- Document inspections and test results
- Manage procedures pertaining to supplier quality to identify risk
- Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization, lean, waste elimination, continuous improvement and reduce risk to organization
- Develop and improve long-term supplier relationships, generate and implement quality improvements
- Assist in all procurement activities
- Travel to suppliers throughout the United States (International travel is unlikely). Average travel frequency is 1-3 days per week.
Skills You Need
From a technical perspective, our ideal candidate will bring the following skills & experience with them:
- Current Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) Certification
- Detailed and proven understanding of supplier quality management processes and tools
- Proven technical auditing experience
- Detail oriented with a dedication to the quality assurance process
- Ability to understand and read complex design and fabrication plans and specifications
- Experience with dust collectors or baghouse a plus
About Our Team
We’re a collaborative group, getting things done together, enjoying our collegial environment and working with each other. Fit is really important to us. We’re a group of down to earth people who are willing to roll up our sleeves to get the job done; whoever comes to join us should have that same mindset, a sense of humor, a strong business mind, total accountability for deadlines and a ton of self-motivation and energy.
Your Care Package
We offer a really competitive compensation package, great benefits, casual work environment and the opportunity to progress with us.
If you’re interested in learning more, we’d like to hear from you. Hit the apply button, send along your resume, and let us know why you think you’re the one for us with an artfully crafted cover letter. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.