Location: Lenexa, KS
Scheuch USA Group is expanding and on a mission to find a Strategic Sourcing Manager. The role will support the overall purchasing, sourcing, procurement, supply chain and negotiations for all materials and parts to support the design, build, outsourcing and construction of projects for the Scheuch group of companies. But first, let us tell you a little about us and what we do.
Your role will be a key part of Scheuch USA Organization as we continue to move forward with our goals for growth. If you’re looking for a great next step in your career, this position truly is it. With roughly 200 employees across the US, this position offers you the potential to grow with our organization while working with a highly collaborative team, especially for a candidate who steps into this role and owns it.
About the Position
We’re on the lookout for experienced talent for this position, and we’re offering:
- Developing and managing measurable performance metrics for procurement activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier schedules and on-time delivery, and supplier quality.
- Developing and managing cost-effective outsourcing relationships and contract management.
- Reporting to management regarding overall supplier performance.
- Negotiate and execute purchase orders or vendor contracts as needed to support the critical business and specific project needs.
- Manage material flow to ensure on-site delivery is met to support specific on-site schedules.
- Strategic development and implementation of commodity and supply chain strategies covering all commodities and services.
- Managing all activities to support effective relationships with supply partners.
- Maintaining an overall vendor base, which sustains partnerships, competitive advantage, and leveraging technology.
- Organize supplier training events for the engineering and management staff.
Skills You Need
From a technical perspective, our ideal candidate will bring the following skills & experience with them:
- 10 or more years of progressively-growing, relevant experience. Ideally, candidates will have extensive experience in the air pollution control, pneumatic conveying, manufacturing, construction, or equipment industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Production/Operations Management, or Engineering or equivalent business experience.
- Professional experience administering commodity purchasing functions, strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Business Central ERP.
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exemplary organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, competing tasks.
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend/implement improvements.
- Available for travel each month to sister facilities.
About Our Team
We’re a collaborative group, getting things done together, enjoying our collegial environment and working with each other. Fit is really important to us. We’re a group of down-to-earth people who will roll up our sleeves to get the job done; whoever comes to join us should have that same mindset, a sense of humor, a strong technical mind, accountability for deadlines and self-motivation and energy.
Your Care Package
We offer a really competitive compensation package, great benefits, a casual work environment and the opportunity to progress with us.