Position location: Greater Fort Wayne, IN
Schust delivers innovative and efficient air pollution control solutions that help North American industrial manufacturers achieve compliance and improve the quality of air their workforces and communities breathe.
Our dedicated Field installers are an essential part of this mission. Schust is looking for a safety-minded, Field Installer Level 1 who has a passion for clean air to function as part of a team involved in the fabrication and installation of industrial ventilation, blowpipe, structural steel, and sheet metal projects. The position will report to the Field Superintendent and has plenty of growth for the right ambitious individual who is entering this growing field. In full disclosure, you should also know that there is a good deal of travel when things are busy where your out of town stays could be 10 days on with 4 days off and it could be that way for up to 70% of your work life. In recognition of this, and because our Field employees are so valuable to us, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, along with a signing bonus for successful candidates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Installation of dust collection equipment, make-up air units, fans, curbs, ductwork and sheet metal.
- The Field Installer Level 1 is committed to working in a safe manner and within the company’s safety rules and assists the project supervisor in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area/site and participate in offered training to increase knowledge, skills, and safety awareness.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with supervisor and other members of the project crew.
- Must have strong math skills and a basic understanding of trigonometry.
- Have a strong construction and mechanical aptitude.
- Must participate in the company drug and alcohol screening program including pre-employment, post-accident, reasonable suspicion, and random testing.
- The Field Installer Level 1 shall provide all hand tools to perform job duties.
- You must have arc and mig welding knowledge and skills.
- Possess rigging knowledge and skills.
- Must have dependable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to wear a respirator and to work in confined spaces as required by following all applicable safety policies and regulations.
- Have the ability and training to operate forklifts, man lifts, and telehandlers.
- And meet the physical demands of the position, which include pushing, pulling or lifting 50-60lbs consistently, performing repetitive motion, and complete a physical ability test.
- Must be comfortable working at heights.
This is a lucrative position with a company that cares about and respects our employees. If you are interested, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a signing bonus for those qualified for the position, and on-the-job training to start you on your field career. Apply now to learn more.